Leaders in the field share their expertise on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), disability history, and promoting an inclusive workplace through successful recruitment, hiring and retaining of individuals with disabilities.
Archives: October-December 2020
In celebration of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD or IDPwD), three panels of diverse presenters discuss disability in a COVID world with a focus on employment, mental health, and physical spaces and effective communications.
A panel of three mental health professionals share strategies and resources to improve our mental health and cope in these difficult times.
This four-event virtual series (1 podcast, 3 webinars) celebrated these important milestones in 2020 - the 75th year of National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM); the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA; and the 100th anniversary of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR).
- Podcast: ADA Live! Celebrating 100 Years of Vocational Rehabilitation with RSA Commissioner Mark Schultz
- Webinar: Shaping Modern Disability Employment Policy through the Lens of Past Veterans’ Experience
- Webinar: RRTC Disability Inclusive Employment Policy Center
- Webinar: Future Images of the Face of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Advancing Equal Employment Opportunities and Creating Inclusive Workplaces – Archives Parts 1 to 8
- Veterans, Disability, and the Power of Literature – Archives: Parts 1 to 3
- Show Me the Money! – Archives: Parts 1 to 3
- History of Disabilities – Archives: Parts 1 to 4
Benefits of Webinars
Participating in a webinar can support the professional development of an individual, entire department or agency for less cost than sending staff to comparable training events.
Businesses and sponsoring agencies can host a webinar and invite individuals, co-workers, local employers and community partners to participate on-site, and use the time following the webinar to discuss their employment program and dialogue with participants about "next steps" to improve their approach to disability inclusion and employing individuals with disabilities.
Help and Questions?
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. [Eastern Time]