Protecting your Mental Health during the Pandemic and Holidays
Date: November 19, 2020
Certificate of Participation
**Must be: registered, attendance verified (live or archive), and Post Test completed.
Description & Presenters
Our lives have changed because of the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. Many people remain jobless. Many people are struggling to afford housing and are experiencing food insecurity. Schools and colleges are struggling with how to return to class. The uncertainty of what is safe, what is not and when it will end has added unprecedented stress to the American people.
In the spring of 2020, the Southeast ADA Center ADA Live! podcast held a three-part series on mental health issues during the pandemic. We are pleased to host a FREE webinar to follow-up this important series with a panel discussion and a question and answer dialogue.
In this webinar, a panel of three mental health professionals will discuss how a socially distant holiday season and colder weather may affect our mental health. The panel will also share strategies we can use to improve our mental health and cope in these difficult times.
Join us for insight into the mental health concerns caused by the pandemic, and learn how to take better care of ourselves during the holiday season.
- Debbie Plotnick, Vice President State and Federal Advocacy, Mental Health America (MHA)
- Dr. Doreen Marshall, Vice President of Mission Engagement, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Andrea Sparrow, Clinical Social Worker and faculty, University of Kentucky College of Social Work
- Pamela Williamson, Assistant Project Director, Southeast ADA Center
Archive & Webinar Materials
Recording (November 19, 2020)
Archive Video (1.5 hours)
Certificate - Post Test
**To receive a certificate, must be registered, attend the entire webinar (live or archive), attendance verified, and Post Test completed.
Certificate of Participation - Post Test (link opens in a new window)
Your feedback is important to help determine the effectiveness of this webinar in meeting your needs and to guide planning for future webinars.
Evaluation Form (link opens in a new window)
ADA, Disability & COVID-19 - Counseling and Support Resources
- Help Lines & Support: Mental Health
- ADA Live! Podcasts & Resources: Protecting Your Mental Health during the Coronavirus Outbreak
Contact for More Information
Southeast ADA Center: Webinars on the ADA, Disability and Inclusion