ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
— General (28 links)
- Access Adobe -Provides accessibility solutions for Adobe PDF files.
- Accessible Distance Education Requirement -The New Mexico legislature passed House Bill 708, which requires that distance learning courses offered by public schools and institutions of higher learning be usable by students with disabilities using assistive technology and offered in an HTML format.
- Accessible Web Design-Univ. of Iowa -Links to Accessibility guidelines with HTML Code Examples and Web Checkers.
- All Things Web -A collection of resources for Webspinners & authors.
- Applying the ADA to the Internet: A Web Accessibility Standard -Discussion about web site accessibility by Cynthia Waddell, ADA Coordinator for the City of San Jose, CA.
- Blueprint for Web Accessibility Policy -The WebAim project at Utah State University developed an eight-step plan for institutions to review their Internet accessibility policy and take steps towards providing access.
- Bobby -Evaluates web sites for accessibility. Created by the Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST).
- Closed Captioning Guide -Overview and resources for closed captioning - especially relative to television production.
- Closed Captioning Web -Services, technology, links, etc. for captioning.
- Cynthia Says -Accessible, text-only online validation service.
- IBM Web Accessibility Checklist -Checkpoints for making web sites and web applications accessible for individuals with disabilities
- IT-Test Accessibility Testing & Consulting Services -IT-Test is helping the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry to meet the guidelines and standards and ensure products and services are accessible to all.
- National Center for Accessible Media -National research center on making media products accessible.
- Ohio State University: Web Accessibility Center -Provides technical assistance to Ohio State staff and faculty, guidelines for accessibility, and a database of accessible websites
- Redesign Templates and Guidelines for Web Accessibility -Authored a style guide with tips for achieving accessibility, and posted captioned videos stressing the need for accessibility.
- Special Needs Opportunity Windows (SNOW) -Project from the University of Toronto focusing on technology, resources, solutions and web accessibility for individuals with disabilities
- SREB Quick Reference guide -Links to popular accessible IT resources
- SSB Technologies -Provides software, training and consulting to make web sites accessible.
- UnBounded Access -UB Access develops next-generation accessibility tools enabling Website owners to efficiently and affordably ensure that their Websites are smoothly and easily accessible to the disabled
- University of Florida Web Accessibility Training materials -University of Florida training materials
- University of Georgia: Georgia Web Group -Created online training program on accessibility, including an overview of requirements and a Web-based training module.
- US DOJ Section 508 Homepage -US Department of Justice 508 Homepage.
- US DOJ Technical Assistance Letter -The 1996 DOJ technical assistance letter issued by Patrick Deval, former Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, that discusses how the requirement for effective communication must be met.
- Vision Australia - Accessible Web Site Design -Web accessibility reviews and training.
- W3C - Web Accessibility Initiative -Guidelines for web site accessibility developed by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- WAI guidelines yield highest probability of true Web access -Article about improving web site access.
- WAVE Web Page Accessibility Evaluation Assistant -Helps check web pages for accessibility for people with disabilities.
- WebAim -WebAim's goal is to improve online post-secondary learning opportunities for all people; and, in particular, to improve accessibility for students with disabilities. This site offers articles, web access links, tutorials, training, etc.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.