ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
— General (28 links)
- Access Adobe -Provides accessibility solutions for Adobe PDF files.
- Applying the ADA to the Internet: A Web Accessibility Standard -Discussion about web site accessibility by Cynthia Waddell, ADA Coordinator for the City of San Jose, CA.
- Blueprint for Web Accessibility Policy -The WebAim project at Utah State University developed an eight-step plan for institutions to review their Internet accessibility policy and take steps towards providing access.
- Bobby -Evaluates web sites for accessibility. Created by the Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST).
- Closed Captioning Guide -Overview and resources for closed captioning - especially relative to television production.
- Closed Captioning Web -Services, technology, links, etc. for captioning.
- Cynthia Says -Accessible, text-only online validation service.
- IBM Web Accessibility Checklist -Checkpoints for making web sites and web applications accessible for individuals with disabilities
- IT-Test Accessibility Testing & Consulting Services -IT-Test is helping the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry to meet the guidelines and standards and ensure products and services are accessible to all.
- Knowbility, Inc. -Trains, educates, and supports barrier-free, user friendly information technology.
- National Center for Accessible Media -National research center on making media products accessible.
- Ohio State University: Web Accessibility Center -Provides technical assistance to Ohio State staff and faculty, guidelines for accessibility, and a database of accessible websites
- Perkins Access Solutions -Perkins Access Solutions can help your organization provide accessible digital and physical spaces and bring your organization into compliance with federal regulations.
- Redesign Templates and Guidelines for Web Accessibility -Authored a style guide with tips for achieving accessibility, and posted captioned videos stressing the need for accessibility.
- Special Needs Opportunity Windows (SNOW) -Project from the University of Toronto focusing on technology, resources, solutions and web accessibility for individuals with disabilities
- SREB Quick Reference Guide -Links to popular accessible IT resources
- SSB Technologies -Provides software, training and consulting to make web sites accessible.
- UnBounded Access -UB Access develops next-generation accessibility tools enabling Website owners to efficiently and affordably ensure that their Websites are smoothly and easily accessible to the disabled
- University of Florida Web Accessibility Training -University of Florida training materials
- University of Georgia: Georgia Web Group -Created online training program on accessibility, including an overview of requirements and a Web-based training module.
- US DOJ Section 508 Homepage -US Department of Justice 508 Homepage.
- US DOJ Technical Assistance Letter -The 1996 DOJ technical assistance letter issued by Patrick Deval, former Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, that discusses how the requirement for effective communication must be met.
- Vision Australia - Accessible Web Site Design -Web accessibility reviews and training.
- W3C - Web Accessibility Initiative -Guidelines for web site accessibility developed by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- WAI guidelines yield highest probability of true Web access -Article about improving web site access.
- WAVE Web Page Accessibility Evaluation Assistant -Helps check web pages for accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Web Accessibility in Mind (WebAIM) -An excellent list of tools and resources for making Web pages accessible
- WebAim -WebAim's goal is to improve online post-secondary learning opportunities for all people; and, in particular, to improve accessibility for students with disabilities. This site offers articles, web access links, tutorials, training, etc.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.