ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
Children and Family (28 links)
- Beach Center on Families and Disability - Information on disabilities and related conditions - includes research, products, support resources, and links.
- CommonThread - An Internet community of young people sharing their experiences with illness or disability.
- Easter Seals Online Network - Easter Seals provides services that help children and adults with disabilities gain greater independence. Easter Seals benefits more than one million individuals and their families each year through one of 450 centers nationwide.
- Exceptional Parent Magazine - Provides information, support, ideas, encouragement, and outreach for parents and families of children with disabilities and professionals who work with them.
- Family Center on Technology and Disability (FCTD) - The Family Center serves organizations and programs that work with families of children and youth with disabilities, offering a range of information and services on the subject of assistive technology.
- Family Village - Integrates information, resources, and communication opportunities on the Internet for persons with cognitive and other disabilities, families, and service providers.
- Fathers Network - Our mission is to celebrate and support fathers and families raising children with special health care needs and developmental disabilities.
- Georgia Aging and Disability Resource Connection - Resources for seniors, people with disabilities, family members, caregivers and professionals who need information and assistance to stay in their home.
- Health Care Transition from Youth to Adulthood - Health care transition is the process of getting ready for health care as an adult. As youth get older, managing medical needs becomes their responsibility. Here are tools for an organized process to gain independent health care skills.
- I-CAN (International Child Amputee Network) - Internet mailing list for information and support contacts for children with absent or underdeveloped limbs.
- Kids on the Block - Puppetry programs on disabilities and social concerns.
- Kids Together, Inc. - Provides information and resources to enhance the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities, and communities as a whole.
- Make-A-Wish - Grants wishes to children under the age of 18 with life-threatening illnesses.
- National Association of Developmental Disabilities Councils - Links to state developmental disabilities councils web sites.
- National Center to Improve Practice (NCIP) in Special Education - Promotes the effective use of technology to enhance educational outcomes for students with sensory, cognitive, physical and social/emotional disabilities.
- National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center - Resources and publications regarding young children with disabilities.
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities - NICHCY is the national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. Our special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
- Our-Kids - A Family of parents, caregivers and others who are working with children with physical and/or mental disabilities and delays.
- Parenting a Special Needs Child - Information about physical ailments and disabilities that commonly affect children.
- Parent Pals.Com - Resource information for parents of children with special needs. Includes links to products/services, a database of professonals by area, and others.
- PatchWorx, Inc. - Non Profit organization that partners with children's hospitals, Ronald McDonald Houses and related organizations to provide children with access to our online community to help them overcome isolation, improve coping and healing outcomes, and become more proactive patients.
- Ronald MCDonald House - Ronald McDonald Houses provide a home-away-from-home for the families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at nearby hospitals.
- Starbright - Dedicated to empowering seriously ill children to combat the medical and emotional challenges they face daily.
- Through the Looking Glass - Nationally recognized non-profit agency and first National Resource Center for Parents with Disabilities. They provide direct services, training, materials and research concerning families in which a child, parent or grandparent has a disability.
- ToyBox Tools - In cooperation with The Autism Project, ToyBox Tools is a collaboration between Hasbro and The Autism Project helping families, teachers and professionals make the most of playtime.
- Winners on Wheels (WOW) - Empowers kids in wheelchairs by encouraging personal achievement through creative learning and expanded life experiences that lead to independent living skills.
- YAACK - Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Connecting Young Kids (YAACK) is a website that covers issues related to AAC and young children
- Yoga for the Special Child - An integrated system of yoga techniques designed to stimulate the cognitive and motor development of children with Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Attention Deficit Disorder and Learning Disabilities.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.