ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
Emergency Preparedness (7 links)
- Bridging Gaps in Emergency Preparedness - Videos on emergency preparedness topics formatted for access by individuals who are deaf, blind, or have limited sight. The information is in video and downloadable for free.
- Disaster Resistant Communities Group - Provides disaster planning and preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation services to local government agencies and departments as well as community and faith based organizations.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - FEMA has prepared a number of articles concerning disaster preparedness for people with disabilities.
- HELPU Fire and Life Safety - Fire, basic life, and disaster educational training for people with disabilities.
- Make An Emergency Plan for Individuals with Access and Functional Needs - Various resources and links, including recommended items to include in a basic emergency supply kit. Source: Ready.gov from FEMA.
- National Center on Emergency Planning for People with Disabilities - Provides resources to assist local emergency planning organizations in the planning for individuals who need specialized communications, transportation, and medical supports using print/multi-media materials, on-site/distance learning training and more.
- U.S. Access Board: Emergency Transportable Housing - Overview of the Access Board's design requirements for accessible egress, with links to selected resources for evacuation planning and assistive technology.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.