ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
Disability History (5 links)
- Beyond Affliction: The Disability History Project - Four hour documentary radio series about the shared experience of people with disabilities and their families since the beginning of the 19th century. Web site provides description and contact information about this series.
- Disability History Museum - Exhibits, library, educational materials to promote understanding about the historical experience of people with disabilities by recovering, chronicling, and interpreting their stories.
- Disability Social History Project - Community history project.
- Disability Studies for Teachers - Website contains lesson plans and materials designed to help teachers integrate disability studies into social studies, history, literature, and related subjects in grades 6-12.
- Smithsonian - Disability Rights Movement Exhibit - Interactive on-line history of the disability rights movement.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.