ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
Environmental Access / Universal Design (20 links)
- Bob Vila Ultimate Home Site - Information on bathroom modifications
- Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access - To develop, evaluate, and help people acquire assistive technology and to research and design accessible environments.
- Center for Inclusive Design and Evironmental Access - The IDEA Center is dedicated to improving the design of environments and products by making them more usable, safer and appealing to people with a wide range of abilities throughout their life spans.
- Concrete Change - A project advocating universal design concepts in residential environments, Concrete Change provides information to the public about residential access or residential “visitability.”
- disABILITY Information and Resources - Accessible and universal design resources
- Easy Living Home - Program to encourage builders in to voluntarily implement EasyLiving features. Call or write for a builder’s packet featuring construction guidelines, and for information on Easy Living Certification of single-family detached homes.
- Evan Terry Associates, P.C. - Birmingham, AL architectural firm offers ADA surveys and guidance for design professionals on facilities requirements of the ADA.
- Minnesota Home Wheelchair Ramp Project - Their website includes a how-to manual on ramp building, online videos and other resources.
- National Center for Seniors' Housing Research - NAHB Research Center sponsors research and initiatives for meeting housing needs for the aging. From the NAHBRC homepage, select the link to "Seniors Housing."
- National Kitchen and Bath Association - Information on accessible bathrooms
- National Resource Center on Supportive Housing and Home Modification - Provides national directory of home modification & repair programs, links to relevant sites, library of on-line publications, etc.
- New Horizons Un-Limited, Inc. - Accessible homes and housing modifications
- Northcoast Medical - Functional Solutions - Online Catalog for ADL products
- Perkins Access Solutions - Perkins Access Solutions can help your organization provide accessible digital and physical spaces to bring your organization into compliance with federal regulations.
- Ramps for Champs - FODAC - This program uses volunteers to design and build access ramps and other home modifications. In many cases, FODAC can access special funding to make home ramps a free or low cost service.
- Ramps.org - Ramps.org can help you decide what type of wheelchair ramp is right for your specific situation. The Free Ramp Building Directory lists programs by state.
- UD Homes - Universal design principles for home modifications
- Universal Design Website - An online source for news and information on universal design.
- Wheelchair.net - Home modification resources
- Workplace RERC - The Workplace RERC identifies, designs, and develops devices and systems to help people with disabilities be more productive in the workplace. A primary focus of the Center is the use of universal design concepts -- the design of products and environments to be usable by all workers, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.