ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Results of Web Links Search
Government / Public Policy (19 links)
- Administration on Developmental Disabilities - ADD ensures that individuals with developmental disabilities and their families participate in the design of and have access to experiences that promote independence, productivity, integration and inclusion into the community.
- Center for the Study and Advancement of Disability Policy (CSADP) - Provides public education, leadership development and training, technical assistance and information dissemination, and conducts action-research and analysis of public policy issues affecting individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Disability Resources (disability.gov) - The Office of Disability Employment Policy created this site to provide one-stop online access to resources, services, and information available throughout the Federal government.
- Eldercare Locator - Public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.Find help in your community by location or topic. Online chat or call 1-800-677-1116.
- Equal Rights Center - National non-profit civil-rights organization dedicated to promoting equal opportunity in housing, employment, and access to public accommodations and government services through education, research, testing, advocacy, and enforcement.
- Federal Communications Commission - The Federal Communications Commission is responsible for enforcing the telecommunications provisions of the ADA. Check here for information about the FCC Disabilities Issues Task Force.
- National Council on Disability (NCD) - Promotes policies, p rograms, practices, & procedures that guarantee equal opportunity for all individuals with disabilities & empower individuals with disabilities to achieve economic self-sufficiency, independent living, inclusion & integration. Also makes recommendations to the President and Congress on issues affecting Americans with disabilities.
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) - Part of the U.S. Department of Education, NIDRR sponsors disability-related research and funds public sources of disability-related information.
- People with Disabilities in the Federal Government - Assistance in finding a federal career.
- Social Security Administration - Social Security pays retirement benefits to the primary worker, survivors benefits and benefits for the retiree's spouse and children, and disability benefits.
- SocialSecurityOnline: The Work Site - A resource from the Office of Employment Support Programs (OESP), The Work Site web site provides a focus within the Social Security Administration on matters affecting the employment of Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities.
- The White House - Official web site of the White House.
- THOMAS - Library of Congress site that provides access to bills, committee reports, hearings, roll call votes, links to Committee and member web pages, etc.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - HHS provides information on resources and services for people with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - HUD offers information regarding accessible housing, is in charge of enforcing housing discrimination laws, has a variety programs to help people buy homes, to create affordable rental housing, and to spur community and economic development.
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page - DOJ provides up-to-date ADA information and is in charge of ADA enforcement.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) - The EEOC was established to enforce federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
- U.S. House of Representatives - Official site of U.S. House of Representatives.
- U.S. Senate - Official site of U.S. Senate.
Disclaimer: Accessibility cannot be guaranteed for external websites. The Southeast ADA Center provides these links as a courtesy and does not endorse, take responsibility for, or exercise control of the organization nor vouch for the accuracy of the contents of the destination link.