ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Southeast ADA Newsroom
Explore news featuring the Southeast ADA Center; our Partners & Sponsors including the: Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) of Syracuse University, ADA National Network, and National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, & Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR); the National Institute on Disability (NDI); our State Affiliates throughout the eight states in the Southeast Region IV (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee); and our collaborations with a network of nationally recognized educators and researchers from renown universities, as well as local, regional, and national leaders, advocates, employers, and experts.
News listed by Year
- People with Disabilities Sidelined in American Politics
September 10, 2012
- Institute for Veterans and Military Families and Griffin-Hammis Produce Government Benefits Guidebook for Veterans with Disabilities
August 21, 2012
- BBI Chairman and EEOC Commissioner Lead Expert Panel Discussion about Employment of Lawyers with Disabilities
April 26, 2012
More News for 2012
- Southeast ADA Center, Kentucky Affiliate create guide for veterans: Know Your Employment Rights Under the ADA
November 6, 2012
- Southeast ADA Center celebrates National Disability Employment Awareness Month and Disability Mentoring Day
November 6, 2012
- Southeast ADA Center develops voting and disability resource list
October 31, 2012
- Southeast ADA Center featured in ADA Anniversary news story on accessible parking
WSB-TV (ABC), Atlanta
July 26, 2012
Mary Morder from the Southeast ADA Center was interviewed for a story on accessible parking concerns of a metro-Atlanta hardware store that aired on the 22nd anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Note: While the broadcast was captioned, the online video on the WSB-TV website is not. View: Transcript of the news story on accessible parking • Video, uncaptioned: Hardware store questioned over access for disabled customers.
- Southeast ADA Center and Leadership Network Offer Online ADA Anniversary Toolkit to Celebrate 22nd ADA Anniversary
July 12, 2012
- Southeast ADA Center Participates in Panel Discussion with National Social Security Advisory Board
May 9, 2012
- Southeast ADA Center Selected as One of Regional Resources for Persons With Disabilities to Offer Comments at Fact-Finding Panel
San Francisco Chronicle
May 9, 2012
- Get to Know: Mary Morder, Southeast ADA Center
Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) Connected E-newsletter
- National ADA Symposium spotlights 2010 standards
StarNewsOnline.com Blog - Endless Options for All Disabilities
March 19, 2012
The Southeast ADA Center co-sponsored the 2012 National ADA Symposium that was held March 12-14 in Orlando, Florida.
- Southeast ADA Center and BBI staff members present at National ADA Symposium 2012
The National ADA Symposium, held March 12-14 in Orlando, Florida and co-sponsored by the Southeast ADA Center, provides comprehensive information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations and guidelines, implementation strategies, and best practices through dynamic, interactive sessions.
- Elementary Pilot Project Inspires Children with and without Disabilities to Dream Big for Their Futures
Georgia PTA Newsletter- The Voice
March 2012, pages 10-11
The Georgia Parent Teacher Association (PTA) newsletter The Voice features an article on I Have a Dream: Creating Your Life Portfolio, the pilot program designed by the Southeast ADA Center in collaboration with Nesbit Elementary School in the Atlanta area to introduce and expose students with and without disabilities and their parents, through the arts and music, to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) along with the myriad of education and career options available to them beyond their K-12 educational years. Learn More: Dreams4mylife.org.