ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Southeast ADA Newsroom
Explore news featuring the Southeast ADA Center; our Partners & Sponsors including the: Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) of Syracuse University, ADA National Network, and National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, & Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR); the National Institute on Disability (NDI); our State Affiliates throughout the eight states in the Southeast Region IV (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee); and our collaborations with a network of nationally recognized educators and researchers from renown universities, as well as local, regional, and national leaders, advocates, employers, and experts.
News listed by Year
- Now Available: ADA Checklist for Readily Achievable Barrier Removal (New for 2010 Standards)
December 13, 2011
- Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) Receives $6.2 Million Grant from U.S. Department of Education to Continue Leadership of Southeast ADA Center
October 3, 2011
- May 14 and 15: Share Your Talent at the Taste of Beauty Weekend!
May 4, 2011
More News for 2011
- Atlanta elementary school students inspired by adults with disabilities
Inside Syracuse University (SU) - Engaging the World
November 1, 2011
Successful adults with disabilities from throughout the metro-Atlanta area inspired children at Gwinnett County's Nesbit Elementary School to dare to dream for their futures as part of a new disability mentoring day and career expo pilot program.
- Disability Mentoring Day & Career Expo at Nesbit Elementary in Gwinnett County, GA [YouTube, captioned, 8 min.]
Mentors with disabilities share their professional and personal successes with children from Nesbit Elementary School in Gwinnett County, GA. I Have a Dream: Creating Your Life Portfolio is part of a new disability mentoring day and career expo pilot program created by the Southeast ADA Center designed to break down barriers and introduce students with and without disabilities to successful individuals with disabilities from the community. Learn More: Dreams4mylife.org
- Southeast ADA Center and Nesbit Elementary School Host Disability Mentoring Day and Career Expo for Students and Families on Oct. 12
- Nesbit Elementary Hosting Disability Mentoring Day
Tucker Patch News
- Nesbit Elementary holds mentoring day
Gwinnett Daily Post
- Grant Awarded to Burton Blatt Institute Will Increase ADA Educational Resources
Rehab Management - Rehab Today Newsletter
- Taste of Beauty Weekend and the documentary "Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America” [audio, MP3 file]
Handle with Care radio broadcast
Highlights from the Taste of Beauty Weekend, which supported the documentary, "Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America" and the Southeast ADA Center project in the Atlanta office of the Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University.
- Film Highlights Ms. Wheelchair America: "Defining Beauty" [video, uncaptioned]
May 10, 2011
Ms. Wheelchair Georgia Kathleen Rice, Miss Georgia USA Kailyn Reque, and award-winning documentary film maker Manuela Ikenze spoke about the documentary film, "Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America," to premiere in Atlanta on May 14-15 during the Taste of Beauty Weekend.
- Learn More about the Southeast ADA Center and Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) at Syracuse University [audio, MP3 file]
"At Your Service" radio broadcast from the Georgia Radio Reading Service (GARRS)
Pamela Williamson, Project Director of the Southeast ADA Center, is featured talking about the work of the Southeast ADA Center and the Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) at Syracuse University.