ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Participate in Global Accessibility Awareness Day on May 21
May 21, 2015
Source: Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is observed the third Thursday of every May. The purpose of the day is to get people talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) accessibility and users with different disabilities. GAAD encourages us to take the time to "experience first-hand the impact of digital accessibility (or lack thereof)."
While people may be interested in the topic of making technology accessible and usable by persons with disabilities, the reality is that they often do not know how or where to start. Awareness comes first. Whether you participate in an organized activity with others or not, join us and take an hour out of your day to:
- Experience digital accessibility first-hand.
- Public GAAD events that you are invited to attend.
- Other activities taking place to mark GAAD.
- Learn more about how GAAD got started.
More ways to support and connect with GAAD
- Show support by Liking the GAAD Facebook page.
- Follow gbla11yday on Twitter and tweet using the #gaad hashtag.
- Repin GAAD on Pinterest
- E-mail globala11yawarenessday at gmail.com.
Link: Go to website for News Source