ADA Information for:
Find your ADA Center
Events & Training Calendar
Advancing Financial Literacy for Individuals with Disabilities
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. EST
National Disability Institute (NDI)
Please join the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and National Disability Institute (NDI) on April 18th, from 1:00-3:00 p.m., Eastern Time, for a webinar on the financial capability of individuals with disabilities.
April is National Financial Capability Month. It is a time for public and private sector organizations to work together to improve the knowledge and skills of all Americans with and without disabilities to make more informed financial decisions, better manage their financial lives, set financial goals, build and preserve assets, reduce economic vulnerability and improve economic security.
Americans with disabilities are less likely than those without disabilities to be employed and more likely to have low income and savings. NDI research has documented that individuals with disabilities are more likely than their nondisabled peers to have past due medical bills, to use nonbank borrowing methods with higher interest rates, lack access to emergency funds, and have a lower level of financial knowledge.
To commemorate Financial Capability Month, and learn more about the challenges and opportunities to address the needs of Americans with disabilities to become more financially capable, please join us on April 18th for presentations and discussions with representatives from federal agencies, financial regulators, and leaders in the disability community.
Participants will learn about:
- The consumer protections provided by MSRB rules for ABLE tax-advantaged savings accounts
- New materials from the FDIC to build financial capability for adults with disabilities
- Favorable tax benefits for people with disabilities from the IRS
- Financial literacy requirements in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) from the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- The Financial Literacy Education Commission’s (FLEC) priorities and cross-federal agency activities to advance financial education
- The challenges and opportunities to improve financial capability and inclusion for individuals across the spectrum of disabilities from disability leaders.
Registration:Deadline to Register - April 17, 2018
To register for the webinar, go to https://bit.ly/2pJyZDM
If you need additional information, please contact Hope Price at email@example.com.
Contact For More Information:
National Disability Institute
Phone: 202-296-2040 (voice) or 123-456-7890 (0)
Web: National Disability Institute