Find your ADA Center
News for Employers
Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program Shares Success Stories Videos
June 13, 2017
Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
The Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program (EFSLMP) has produced a series of videos highlighting EFSLMP success stories from three states. Hear from personal stakeholders on how they are engaging employers and persons with disabilities in today's workforce, and how creating policies to ensure that people utilizing services are maintaining or returning to competitive integrated employment is key to the programs success.
The objectives of the EFSLMP are to:
- Provide mentoring, intensive technical assistance (TA) and training from a national pool of subject matter experts and peer mentors to core states as they transform existing policies, service delivery systems, and reimbursement structures to reflect an Employment First approach;
- Facilitate virtual training and knowledge translation on effective practices;
- Facilitate dialogue on shared experiences related to effectuating Employment First policies and practice;
- Link participating states with current Federal initiatives that are focused on promoting state-level systems-change conducive to Employment First objectives; and
- Evaluate the impacts of the investments in state Employment First systems change efforts over time to identify common challenges faced by State governments and validate innovative strategies and effective practices that lead to the successful implementation of Employment First objectives.
Link: Go to website for News Source