Find your ADA Center
News for You
FCC Chairmans Awards for Advancement in Accessibility (AAA): Nominations Due March 31, 2016
January 6, 2016
Source: FCC Chairmans Awards for Advancements in Accessibility
Innovation is one of the core drivers for advancement in accessibility for people with disabilities. The Chairman's Awards for Advancement in Accessibility (Chairman's AAA) is an FCC program recognizing products, services, standards and other innovative developments that improve the experience of people with disabilities in telecommunications and technology.
How can I submit a nomination?
The nominating period is open from Jan. 11 through March 31, 2016. The nominations process is simple and straightforward. Send an email to ChairmansAAA@fcc.gov with the following information about a product, service, standard or other innovation developed or introduced to the public during calendar year 2015:
- Description of the program/challenge that is addressed by the innovation.
- Description of the innovation, with attachments or links to more detailed information if available.
- Description of how the Chairman's Award would impact continued development in this area, or improvement in the solution.
- Description of why this particular innovation qualifies for the Chairman's Award.
Anyone can submit a nomination, and self-nominations are encouraged. (Read the FCC Public Notice on Nominations for 2016 AAA Awards [PDF].)
How will nominations be evaluated?
A selection committee at the FCC will evaluate nominations based on the following criteria:
- How unique and inventive is the nominated effort?
- How does it address disability needs? For example: Does it have a positive, significant impact in meeting the unique needs of specific underserved or small populations? Does it reach a broader audience to increase awareness or promote deployment or adoption of accessible technologies?
- How affordable and available is the nominated effort for its intended users?
- To what degree would the nominated effort significantly and tangibly benefit from recognition by the Chairman?
What do winners receive?
Winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony in June 2016. Winners will also receive a plaque from the FCC, and will be commemorated on a permanent plaque on display at FCC Headquarters in Washington.
- Fourth Awards - 2015
- Third Awards - 2014 | Photos: FCC Awards - 2014
- Second Awards - 2012 | FCC Chairman's Remarks - 2012 | FCC Awards News Release - 2012| FCC Blog: Awards - 2012
- First Awards - 2011
Link: Go to website for News Source