Find your ADA Center
News for You
December 2014 Disability Employment Statistics Released
January 9, 2015
Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
In December 2014, the percentage of people with disabilities in the labor force was 20.3. By comparison, the percentage of persons with no disability in the labor force was 68.1.
In December 2014, the unemployment rate for those with disabilities was 11.2 percent, compared with 5.1 percent for persons with no disability, not seasonally adjusted.
- NEW Data — Economic Picture of the Disability Community Project Examines the occupational distribution of people with disabilities as of 2010-2012, and compares that distribution to projections of occupational employment growth from 2012 to 2022, using data from the Census Bureaus ACS (2010-2012) and the BLS Employment Projections (2012 to 2022).
- Read about the December 2014 Disability Employment Statistics at www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t06.htm
- Read the Bureau of Labor Statistics Youth Employment Rate Data for December 2014 at http://www.dol.gov/odep/categories/youth/youthemployment.htm#.UMYTNnd6Cy4
- Retrieve Historical Disability Employment Data at http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab6.htm
- Read Commonly Used Terms in BLS Employment Statistics at http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/DisabilityEmploymentStatistics.htm#.UMYZCHd6Cy4
Link: Go to website for News Source